The building contractor Max Bögl was incorporated in 1929. The company is headquartered in Neumarkt, Germany and has a history of success for more than 75 years. In 2007, it recorded annual sales of one billion Euros and currently employs more than 4,500 people. The company is among Germany's top five building contractors, and is Germany's largest privately owned building contractor. It has been held by the same family for three generations.
While globally networking all Max Bögl construction sites, the department "EDV external services" developed a global network for secure and mobile communication. A centrally managed Virtual Private Network (VPN) was to be the core element for secure data communication between construction sites and joint ventures. Today, about 650 employees have remote access to the company headquarters data network. Apart from public wire networks and wireless networks, mobile satellite equipment is being used as the primary communication medium on construction sites.
- Provision of centrally managed secure remote access services (managed VPN)
- Coexistence with T-Mobile IP-VPN and T-Systems MPLS platform
- International communication
- Use of different communication media types (UMTS, HSDPA, GPRS, EDGE, xDSL, WLAN; ISDN, analogue networks, satellite)
- Use of laptops with T-Mobile web’n’walk Cards or T-Mobile MDAs
- Easy and standardized operation for the user
- No incorrect operator input possible (parameter lock)
- Secure communication via hot spot
- Protection of the workstation
- Strong authentication
NCP’s technological solution:
Managed VPN, NCP Secure Enterprise Client (Win32/64), NCP Secure Enterprise CE Client (Windows Mobile), Secure Enterprise Management (Server / Console), high availability of the VPN infrastructure through load balancing and backup services