M2M VPN solutions based on Next Generation Network Access Technology
VPN clients enable secure M2M communication between machines
Machine to Machine, M2M in short, is automated information exchange between a control center and end devices like machines, vending machines and vehicles. Security, however, is a neglected issue in M2M communication. Hackers have several options for attacking these types of systems: weaknesses in M2M applications, processors and RAM chips of control systems and sensors. Network connections that communicate with M2M management platforms, however, are especially prone to attacks, partly because the M2M systems mainly communicate via WiFi networks and 2G or 3G connections.
NCP's Secure Enterprise VPN Clients fulfill this task and NCP's Secure VPN Enterprise Management (SEM) provides a central management platform for them. NCP integrated all requirements for secure VPN communication in M2M into our VPN clients, VPN gateways and VPN management.
- Checkout terminals / Cash machines
- Alarm systems / Remote control systems
- Industrial processes / Machine control
Your benefits: High availability and data security
- Secure and redundant connection of M2M endpoints and the management systems
- Fast implementation for integrated modules and central management
- Flexible switching to an alternative communication network (e.g. 3G or satellite) if the primary communication network (e.g. DSL and ISDN) fails.
- Endpoint security
- Access administration
- Identity/ Rights management
- Certificate management