M2M and Industrial Internet of Things
Security gateways and clients enable secure M2M/IIoT communication between machines
Machine to Machine, M2M in short, is automated information exchange between a control center and end devices like machines, vending machines and vehicles. This is often known as the Industrial Internet of Things (IIoT) or Industry 4.0. Security, however, is a neglected issue in M2M/IIoT communication. Hackers have several options for attacking these types of systems: weaknesses in M2M/IIoT applications, processors and RAM chips of control systems and sensors. Network connections that communicate with their M2M/IIoT management platforms, however, are especially prone to attacks, partly because the M2M/IIoT systems mainly communicate via WiFi networks and 3G or 4G connections. NCP's IIoT Gateways and Clients fulfill this task and NCP's Management System provides a central management platform for them.
NCP integrated all requirements for secure communication in M2M/IIoT into our clients, gateways and the management system. And best of all – you can also use the NCP Management System for Remote Access VPN in office networks.
- Checkout terminals / Cash machines
- Connected Cars
- Digital Signage
- Alarm systems / Remote control systems
- Industrial processes / Machine control
Your benefits: High availability and data security
- Secure and redundant connection of M2M(IIOT endpoints and their management systems
- Fast implementation for integrated modules and central management
- Flexible switching to an alternative communication network (e.g. 3G or satellite) if the primary communication network (e.g. DSL and ISDN) fails.
- Endpoint security
- Cloud Security
- Access administration
- Identity/ Rights management
- Certificate management
Your Next Steps:
White Paper „Securing Enterprise-Level IoT“