Are your people on the road? They can take the office with them.
VPN solutions from NCP offer your mobile workers secure and easy access to the organization’s network via any and all public wireless networks, WiFis and the Internet. Managers, sales and technical field executives have easy access to centralized data, applications, and resources – wherever and whenever. It doesn't matter if he or she is sitting in the car, on the train, at the airport, at a trade show, in a hotel, onsite at a client’s office, in one of your branch offices or simply at an Internet café. The transmission medium used in each instance depends on the required bandwidth and availability.
- Alternative end devices: Notebook, Laptop, PDA, MDA, Smartphone
- Operating systems: Windows 10/8.x/7, Windows Vista, Windows Mobile (5.0/6.x), Android, Linux, OS X
- Transfer media: GSM, HSCSD, GPRS, HSDPA, UMTS, LTE, WiFi (Company grounds or Hotspot), Internet
- VPN technology: IPsec, when utilizing proprietary systems, and SSL when utilizing communication media via external machines, e.g. onsite at the client’s facility.
When there is no requirement to use a VPN client, or where IPsec communication can not be established via LAN because of firewall settings, SSL VPN technology can be used. For example: Integration of affiliates or sporadic teleworkers (at any computer), alternative access to the organization’s network (e.g. onsite at a client’s facility, where company policy does not provide for IPsec).
Specific requirements overview for a hybrid VPN solution:
- End-to-site security between teleworkers and the central VPN gateway
- Autonomy in regards to WiFi component manufacturer (compatibility and security)
- Support of IPsec and SSL VPN technologies
- Strong authentication parameters via certificate also for PDAs, MDAs, and SmartPhones
- No interruption, e.g. no aborted sessions due to ‘dead spots’ or while switching between access points within a WiFi
- Automatic media recognition
- VPN Client Monitor integrated displays of field strength and provider, while using certain Mobile Connect cards in laptops or notebooks
- Automatic login for secure hotspots
- Protection against attacks from other WiFi participants
- Integrated, dynamic personal firewall
- Always on (for email push services) on the NCP Secure CE client