Data acquisition on the fly and direct maintenance
Collecting data, or maintaining data in a system from a remote source is a manageable task, when performed with sophisticated end devices and high-end technology. NCP’s VPN solution provides secure data transfer via public networks, WiFis and the Internet. For data collection and transmission of inventory stock or cargo, and for central data collection and transmission of operational and control data, e.g. from ticket machines, manufacturing equipment and industrial robots. Connectivity can be controlled centrally or decentralized for all applications (dial-in/dial-out).
- Alternative end devices: PDA with integrated barcode reader, PC supported devices and Automats.
- Operating systems: Windows 10/8.x/7, Windows Vista (all 32-/64-Bit), Linux, Windows Mobile (5/6), Windows CE
- Transfer media: Modem, ISDN, xDSL, LAN, GSM, HSCSD, GPRS, UMTS, HSDPA, WiFi, Internet
- VPN technology: IPsec
Specific requirements overview for the VPN solution:
- End-to-site security between the remote system and the company network
- Strong authentication via certificate